Monday, June 18, 2012

Getting Healthy

I'm probably one of the last few people on earth who would exercise. I know it's good for me, I know what it would do for my body, I just needed something to kick me in the behind and say let's go girl!

Well, that something was me! I started pinning away last week and found the Tone It Up girls. If you haven't visited their site and you are a girly girl like me, then you need to go there like now!

Their workouts are fun and really make you sore the next day, which is a good thing!  They offer some recipes and meals but for the most part you have to pay. Which I would like to get their nutritional plan once I start my public school job. I'm kind of low on the funds remember.

Anyway, every morning I wake up and do about 3 sets of their workouts. Today I did 2 because it only required me to do so.  After my workout, I make myself a shake made with natural fruit and orange juice or almond milk.  I add protein powder into my mix and that's basically my breakfast. It fills me up for about 2 1/2 hours then I'm ready for a light snack.

For lunch today I made myself a spinach and egg-white only omelet with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese. So before I started to get all health crazy, I hadn't finished my unhealthy white bread, but I didn't want to waste it. So I ate it with that, I know, don't kill me!  I also added some baby carrots and grape tomatoes. :)

I'm also going to put a picture of things I purchased that the Tone It Up girls mentioned in their recipes..check it out

It says to use natural oranges but I figure Simply Orange was the closest thing to "natural", plus it has no preservatives!

So that's my story for now, working out and trying to get fit. I want to maintain the weight I have now because I'm happy with it, I just want to be toned. :) Wish me luck!

Judy

3 comments:

LovelyNina said...

Your omelet looks yummy! :)

Journey of a Substitute Teacher (Ms. T) said...

I'll have to check it out!

I am doing Weight Watchers and I love emilybites.com, skinnytaste.com and Hungry Girl.

Journey of a Substitute Teacher
Endless Pinabilities!

Judy said...

Thanks ladies!

I'll def. have to check those websites out!!

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting