Sunday, May 27, 2012

Oh This New Thing

I have decided to start this new blog about my life. I know it's nothing that probably interests anyone but I enjoy blogging very much. It's given me a chance to "meet" great people and just educate myself in a variety of topics.

I am going to try my best to blog about what's going on in my life and see if I can blog about great deals that I snag, saving money, getting out of debt (great goal), and just all the other stuff in between.

I don't want this to be a teaching blog...that's why I have, Teaching Little Apples.

Okay on to more important things...:)

Summer vacation began as of 11 something A.M. on Friday...school is out and I am in vacay mode.  I mean technically us teachers go back on Tuesday for paperwork and such but that doesn't count right?  Well since I'm on vacation, I have decided to reexamine myself as a person. Where am I going in life? I need to save! I need to get in better shape and eat better.  Things we all say we are going to do but never get around to doing it because we make excuses for ourselves.  Well I am going to start with "baby steps".  I know how I am and if I overwhelm myself, I will quit.  That's just the way I roll. Sad, but true.  I want to stick with the changes I've decided to make and try to be a better person at the same time.

Yesterday, it was do something free Saturday. I went to the library with my mom and picked up some budget books along with movies.  It's free, entertaining, and educational! Can't beat that!

I also worked on my budget for my next pay period. Talk about stressful, painful, kick in the stomach, reality! My "homework" was to add up all my store/online purchases for the last three months. You could do six months but my brain was already on overload.  After much math crunching, I spent $1,660 on crap!! That doesn't include fixed bills people!! I have been careless with MY money.  I'm just going to sit here for a minute and think what I could have doing with $1,600 dollars (still thinking and getting depressed). Yes, I know I need to eat and things of that sort, but I didn't need to spend $18 at Panera, seriously, there is something very wrong with this picture. If you haven't done something like this, I highly suggest it.  It's a nice kick in the ass to get you on track.

I am going to rework my budget again today and give myself way less spending money than I originally had planned. I don't need to reward myself with clothes, food, and dollar store goodies. I have lots of clothes that I can deal with for the time being.  What I need to do is save for my emergency fund and pay down my debt.  Let's not even go there with my other fixed bills :\.

Moving on...

This morning, I went for a jog...I'm really lucky actually. I literally live in front of a decent sized lake with great running trails.  P.S. Those ducks are always in or around my parking lot. They are cute though and travel in 2-3 packs.
                     

I ran jogged around the lake once, okay, okay, I walked a little bit too.  Remember I said baby steps! You don't need to kill yourself to get into shape.  These things take time and dedication. We'll see how much I can do tomorrow morning.  I rather get my workouts in early because it's cooler and by the evening I'm way too lazy to go outside.  Plus it's Texas, so you now it's a billion degrees outside.

Love life...
On my other blog I refer to my bf as Prince Charming...let's just call him B on here.  B is out of town this weekend but he'll be back tomorrow. I miss him when he's not around he's my best friend and I couldn't have asked for anyone better.  We just get each other and make each other laugh because we share the same sense of humor.  It's beautiful. :)

This coming Friday is our one year anniversary. Although I feel like I've known him forever, I can't believe a year went by so quickly!!  We have a wedding to go to that day because a friend of mine is getting married. I haven't been to a wedding since I was 12. So it should be fun.

I think it's time for me to start thinking about lunch. Healthy lunch!! Pita bread and broccoli dip..mmm..with a side of fresh fruit and water...sounds yummy right?

Okay have a happy Sunday and a great Memorial Day!!!

1 comments:

LovelyNina said...

Hi Judy! I am your newest follower on your personal blog. You will love having two blogs--one for your teacher creativity and one all about you. That's what I did. I am following you from my personal blog, so come check it out!
-Lovely Nina

Lovely Little Things

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting